Hey everyone! I'm here for another book review! For this next one I choose to review the ever persistent Lisa Scottoline once again. As mentioned in my last post I was in love with her Save Me book. I got through it in a few short days! Much like Save Me, this book is action packed to the very end.Centered once again around a young mother, Ellen Gleeson's neat and very orderly world is thrown into the wind when she receives a missing child's poster in the mail. As the story escalates to the climax, we learn that her beloved child is the missing boy in the poster. Faced with a very unique position, Ellen must choose to give up the child she has loved since he was a baby or to keep him from a family she knows wants and needs him. Scottoline really out did herself with this novel. Beyond the normal dynamic views of a mystery, she en-captures the raw emotions of a parent and the things that one will do for a loved one. Through her highly talented and expansive vocabulary, she expands upon the basic human instinct by combining our needs with our wants. This story is gut wrenching but kept me turning the page until the very end. I have to say, I was worried that this novel would be shadowed by the glory of Save Me but once again, Scottoline truly out did herself. If anything, Look Again marvels that of its sister novel. We all know the endevors that our mothers go through when having to raise...well us with our 'creative' minds and very...ah...dynamic points of views but Scottoline puts a whole new spin on this. Her characters are solid and have so much life in them that it is almost impossible for them not to jump off the page. Her words created images that danced around my mind long after I put the book now. Even though it has been a few months since I read this book, I can say with anticancer that I remember every twist and turn and every shocking detail that Scottoline weaved as she tore my heart along the lines. This book is a must read; especially for those who enjoyed Save Me or any other Lisa Scottoline. Graced with an amazing gift, I am so happy to be reviewing another one of her works. Please pick up a copy of this book! It is a must read and must have !
Please remember to like, comment and subscribe for more reviews! Coming Next: Let's Take a Look: Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline and hopefully Author's Corner: Inside the Mind of Jennifer Nielesen
Until next time;
Calista Gonzales

No comments:
Post a Comment