Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Let's Take a Look: Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline

Welcome Back!


So if you couldn't tell by now; I love Lisa Scottoline. She is such a gifted author and I cannot get enough of her work. Today I'm going to be doing a review on Don't Go a book that has made me cry probably about every time I read it. Unfortunately this will be my last Lisa Scottoline review for the time being. Having no income I have no way to get my hands on another one of her books. That information aside....let's get to it!



Don't Go doesn't just rival Save Me and Look Again, it outpaces it by about a hundred and one steps. This novel is touching and unlike Scottoline's other novels focuses on the tragedy of a struggling father. A military doctor, Dr. Mike Scanlon and his wife  have just had their first child, a baby girl. Mike returns home upon the untimely death of his beloved wife, Chloe (forgive my possible mutilation of the name) Scanlon. He comes home, a respective hero and highly regarded by those around him, only to find that he is a stranger to the only family that he has left - his baby girl. Centered upon the aftermath of Chloe's death and the reintroduction of Mike to his daughter, this novel is a heart stopper. Like many of Scottoline's books, she plays with your emotions and just when you think things are finally going good for our favorite protagonist, things quiet frankly go to hell. This novel shows some insights into the struggles that our military heroes face upon coming home; some that we may have never thought of before. Scottoline usually writes her main characters as strong, curious women with a faithful husband and usually, as I've noticed, a loving and over eager pup. I was a little weary about reading a book where her main character was a man. Who was to say she wouldn't completely botch the attempt? I have such high expectations for her that I didn't want one novel to ruin my love of her writing. But surprise surprise, I wasn't let down. I recommend over Save Me, as much as I adore that book. If you have a few spare hours definatley take a run to your local library or book story and get this book. I know I had to buy it after I read it because I loved it so much.



Remember to like comment and subscribe for more reviews! Coming Next: Let's Take a Look: The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen


Until next time,
Calista Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment